Cork Distilleries Company
Cork Distilleries Company was founded in 1877 and had a number of distilling sites in the Cork city area. The distillery used the finest local grown barley and pure water from
tributaries of the river Lee to distill world class whiskeys. The walls of the distillery still stand in Cork today in the area known as North Mall.
In 1882, a young Patrick J. O’Flaherty joined the Cork Distilleries Company as a traveller. Paddy covered an area stretching from Youghal to Mallow selling the
rather unwieldy named ‘Cork Distilleries Company Old Irish Whiskey’.